It's that time of year again. We went to the ranch to help brand for the last couple of days. The kids had a blast. Braydon is getting old enough to really be some help. Drew didn't really like the look or smell of the cows so she just steered clear.
Here is a pic of Braydon before the branding and before he had been kicked by cows.
Here is him after the first kick he got (he kicked the cow back)
Here is him after the second kick. We had to pick ourselves up off the ground we were laughing so hard. I don't have any pics of the third kick, but there was one full grown cow that didn't get cut out of the calves and it kicked Braydon into the fence. it kicked him in the ribs but he will be fine.
Kinnly was so tired he almost fell asleep on his horse.The day was really long and tiring but we had so much fun. I love that kind of work because you feel so good when it's done and like you have really accomplished something.



7 comments:
That looks like so much fun. I love hearing Chris' ranch stories. Someday we'll move to Eagar, I'd be ready to go tomorrow but Chris is a little apprehensive. Bummer...in the mean time live it up for me I'll live vicariously through your blog.
you guys kill me with all that stuff! I think that Braydon is the only one of your kids that can pull the real cowboy thing off! Kinnly is too much a prety boy! And Drew is too girly! I mean all of that in the best way!! Glad you got away for a few days, Im jealous!1
Wow, it sounds like Braydon got trashed! That's funny...I'm sure they appreciated the help, though.
I missed it! My mom forgot to mention until the day of! Maybe next year...
That is so funny! Poor Braydon. I love all the pictures, especially of Kinnly. So cute. I am so excited that you guys started your house. It was so good to see you...for a second. We'll be here next weekend.
The pic of Kinnly is too cute!!! When I was little my grandpa had a ranch and we would go and stay for about a week while the men went on round-up. Great memories!
I'm sad we missed branding this year. Kinnly is so adorable. I can't believe how grown up he is.
Post a Comment